The Illusionists and Adios Barbie are seeking enthusiastic and change-minded folks to join our teams.
Six-Month Internship with the Illusionists and Adios Barbie. Positions Available: 3
Adios Barbie (www.adiosbarbie.com) is a website that has been promoting healthy body image and self-image for folks of all sizes, ages, races, cultures, abilities and sexual orientations since 1998.
The Illusionists (www.theillusionists.org) is a website devoted to a documentary about the body as the “finest consumer object,” focusing on how mass media, advertising, and several industries manipulate and exploit people’s insecurities about their bodies for profit.
Both revolutionary movements are seeking enthusiastic and change-minded people to join their teams. Three six-month internships are currently available. One intern will primarily work for The Illusionists and two for Adios Barbie; however, work sharing between the sites is likely. At the completion of the six-month internship, the possibility for advancement in an associate editorial role exists with Adios Barbie.
- The Illusionists require one original 300-word blog post twice a week
- Adios Barbie requires one original piece (journalistic article, commentary, creative non-fiction) twice a month (word count not applicable)
- Research, and obtain content in various formats (print, podcast, videos etc.)
Perform administrative and editing tasks for Adios Barbie
Promote The Illusionists and Adios Barbie using social media tools, such as Facebook and Twitter
All three internships are virtual positions, thus applicants must have reliable high-speed Internet. Interviews will be held via Skype.
Applicants must submit:
- A resume
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
- A writing sample of 300-600 words on a topic relevant to Adios Barbie and the Illusionists
Both Adios Barbie and The Illusionists celebrate and encourage diversity, not only in content but also in our respective teams, thus we welcome folks of all cultures, abilities, sizes, ages, genders and races to apply.
Deadline for applications: April 20, 2011
Send applications to: Sharon@adiosbarbie.com